Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Update on Illness and My Hot Mess

Well, I'm still sick.  I didn't sleep for two nights after receiving sulfer antibiotics and went to the ER, Urgent Care (again) and was at the pharmacy twice yesterday.  After an exhausting day that involved me accidentally shoplifting pedialyte from the grocery store and my mother-in-law riding to the rescue to take care of my daughter while I'm down and my husband works, I finally started to feel a bit better.

Now an update.
Short of pancake batter on my cabinets, my husband has done a smashing job.  I really have to hand it to the man who works all day, freelances at night, and has been putting that aside to take care of our daughter when she wants to play "drop that binky." You know. The game where the pacifier comes out every 15 seconds and then she moves around and whines until you give it back to her.  Then she spits it out after 15 seconds. Repeat. I think he now appreciates what I do on a daily basis.  He had to sterilize 3 rounds of bottles, play "drop that binky" change the daily poopy diaper, and make sure she had adequate gym and tummy time as well as flashcard, mirror, and story time. Throw in laundry and house work with all of that and he has my day in a nutshell.

In a way, I'm glad he was able to see what I do now on a daily basis and exactly how hard it can be.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that my daughter doesn't get this.  But as my mother told me, "She has food in it with all the vitamins she needs and she doesn't have anyone keeping her from resting."  That's probably true.  Fingers crossed she does ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment