Monday, January 10, 2011

Mind Mush

When I told some women that I used to work with that I was becoming a stay-at-home mom they told me that they tried it too.  However, they came screaming back to the working mom fold after 6 months of what I like to call "mind mush."  Mind mush describes what happens to you when you start talking baby talk to other adults and when you forget your grown-up manners.
I poo pooed this idea thinking that it could never happen to me.  I'm cultured, well-traveled, and articulate.
However, I found myself in the grocery store the other night humming "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to myself.  To make matters worse, I was bagging my groceries and wiped my nose on my shirt sleeve without a second thought as to who was looking and any consequences of my actions because I'm so used to improvising a wipe to my daughter's nose.
Lastly, last night I caught myself singing "Poopy in My Pants."  For those of you that follow American Idol, there was an audition contestant who sang a song for his audition that went like this:

Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

My song was set to that tune and went like this:

Poopy in your pants
Poopy in your pants
Looking like a fool with some poopy in your pants

My daughter cood and smiled as if it was the best thing she'd ever heard.  And after 3 months of hearing me sing "Jesus Loves Me," it may be.
I just smiled at her and remembered that I have a masters degree in organizational communication.
I guess it's all downhill in the brain from here huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment